Saturday, March 3, 2012

Isaac is sleeping in a cave on a mountain.

It's my favorite weekend of the year.

NOT.

Isaac is having fun with friends which is GREAT. Isaac is sleeping on a mountain, in a cave him and his friends built. I am trying to not be overly dramatic, but I freak myself out thinking about it.  I won't go into all details of worst-case scenarios that replay in my head, but I'll be very happy when he gets back.  They do this every year (for the last like 5 or 6 years) and are always safe, but still. Blah.

Anywhoooo

Life is still nutso.  We hosted pre-club dinner at our place for Stadium YL this week and had our second WyldLife club at our place which was super fun! We love that we get to use our house to serve others, and can't wait to see how else our God uses our home to help us to serve.  It is still very empty, but I am trying hard to be ok with that :) trying is emphasized. We have more than we need, but I just love completeness. I am looking forward to garage sale season (haha, who am I?) so we can stock up our home with inexpensive furniture!

We are on the prowl for many things, but here are a few topping our list:
-dining room table and chairs/bench
-office chairs that can double for the dining room
-another seating option for our living room (that can hopefully also double in our dining room)
-new bed for our room so we can use our bed as a guest bed
-a big dresser for our room


We would love to have a "house warming" (slash excuse to see lots of people we love who are and aren't living close) party in the near future.  We need to just pick a date and make it happen, I would love to have a few extra beds/couches for them to crash on so we can give them the proper show of Tacoma and attract more residents to the city (because we are the self-nominated members of the official Tacoma Recruitment Committee, of course!)


Also, we took a few steps forward on a very exciting thing this week.  We are not ready to talk/share yet, but I wanted to document this week so we would remember.  Get ready for some sharing coming up :)

God is very very good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment